TRANSFERABILITY OF INNOVATION UNIVERSITY OF SILICON VALLEY’ CREDITS
Program work taken at Innovation University of Silicon Valley is not automatically transferable to another institution. No representation is made whatsoever concerning the transferability of the University’s credits to any other institution. Acceptance of credits is controlled by the receiving institution and accreditation does not guarantee acceptance of credits from one institution to another. Units you earn from the Innovation University of Silicon Valley programs may not be transferable to any other college or university.
Your courses from regionally accredited post-secondary institutions will normally transfer to Innovation University of Silicon Valley if they are comparable to courses offered for academic credit or would earn academic credit if they were offered.
In general, college-level courses in which passing grades have been earned are acceptable for transfer to the University; some departments may require at least a “C” grade for a specific course to be applied to the degree program.
Evaluation of transfer credit is two-step process:
- When you apply, the Office of Admissions reviews your course work taken at another institution to determine whether the courses are acceptable for transfer. A Transfer Credit Evaluation form indicating which courses have been accepted for transfer will be sent to you with your offer of admission letter
- You should contact an academic adviser in your major as soon as possible after receiving the transfer credit evaluation to discuss how the credits accepted for transfer apply to your degree program.
Each department determines which transfer credits meet requirements for its degrees.
We will accept for transfer undergraduate applicants the following:
- Up to 60 semester college units from a regionally accredited community or junior college, including online courses. Units taken at a recognized junior college institution outside of the United States will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- A maximum of 90 credits from a regionally accredited senior college or university (including online courses), with the exception of those senior college credits previously applied toward a two-year program or an associate degree. Credits taken at a recognized senior institution outside of the United States will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- A grade of C- or above for any course transferred toward a bachelor’s degree.
- A grade of B or above for any course transferred toward a master’s degree.
- A grade of A for any course transferred toward a doctoral degree.
NOTICE CONCERNING TRANSFERABILITY OF CREDITS AND CREDENTIALS EARNED AT OUR INSTITUTION
The transferability of credits you earn at Innovation University of Silicon Valley is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree you earn in the educational program at our institution is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the degree that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason, you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Innovation University of Silicon Valley to determine if your degree will transfer.