STATEMENT OF MISSION, PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Innovation University of Silicon Valley is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing innovative distance education in technology management and accounting. Our programs foster these student learning with opportunities to enhance or change careers in a diverse global society. Innovation University of Silicon Valley is committed to general education, a student-centered service and applied scholarship in a practical environment. The primary purpose of Innovation University of Silicon Valley is to provide world-class distance education in Business Management, Accounting, Education and Technology Engineering to students in third world countries for success in business and professional environments.
To accomplish its mission, Innovation University of Silicon Valley has established the following purposes:
- Educate students in third world countries towards reaching the highest levels of performance during their careers.
- Provide academic programs that have been developed and assessed by faculty, staff, and members of educational, professional, and business communities.
- Provide excellence in education for our students and offer them opportunities to be successful if life.
- Provide intensive and comprehensive instruction using both onsite and online modes of delivery that strengthens student academic achievement.
- Instill in its students the value of lifelong learning by stimulating intellectual, curiosity, creative and critical thinking, and awareness of culture and diversity.
- Plan and provide facilities and resources that respond to the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist students in developing professional attitudes, values, skills, and strategies that foster success in their careers and in life.
- Prepare students to meet the ever-changing needs of their communities now and in the future.
- Planning developmentally appropriate activities and experiences that enhance each student's social, emotional, and cognitive development.
- Creating a diverse and stimulating learning atmosphere to meet the individual needs of our students.
- Creating ongoing professional development opportunities for our students, faculty, and staff members.
- Conducting innovative research in technology engineering and business management.
Innovation University of Silicon Valley was established to solve the unique problems faced by adults with family and career responsibilities that desire to earn graduate degrees in business administration but are unable to do so at traditional institutions. Often this is due to fixed academic calendars, class schedules inconsistent with their needs, and the difficulty in commuting to distant campuses.
Degree programs of Innovation University of Silicon Valley are designed in accordance with the following objectives:
- To provide scholarly and professionally oriented education at the bachelor, master's and doctoral levels for persons preparing for, or who are engaged in, careers in business and/or education;
- To require student acquisition of the core body of knowledge representative of the degree programs offered;
- To ensure relevance and practical application of course content by drawing on the expertise of faculty advisory committees and representatives of the education, business, government and legal communities;
- To require student knowledge of current and authoritative information in the fields of business;
- To stimulate and hone higher levels of intellectual, analytical, critical thinking and depth of knowledge abilities in each student;
- To develop student skills in research techniques, professional writing, and research reporting;
- To challenge students to study research applications in business to develop the qualifications to conduct efficient, independent investigations;
- To promote ethical values and foster commitment to life-long learning.
Innovation University of Silicon Valley is sensitive to the diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds represented in its student population. All students are encouraged to reach their potential within the framework of their individual needs, interests, and capabilities. The University is committed to the development of each student’s intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation and may include group discussions and projects, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers, and lectures. A strong emphasis is placed on ethics, accountability, professionalism, and the individual’s commitment to pursuing lifelong personal and professional development.
Innovation University of Silicon Valley helps students reach their educational goals by providing them with the communication skills necessary to work successfully with clients and other professionals, offering courses that prepare them to successfully participate in society, equipping them with the business knowledge necessary to succeed in life and encouraging them to become involved in professional organizations that will promote their learning and professional skills. The University is committed to serving the public good. We engage in continuous efforts to increase college attainment of high-risk populations and help students achieve economic independence through higher education and employment. We model public service to promote and encourage charitable activities and volunteerism among our faculty, staff, and students.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon the completion of the degree programs at Innovation University of Silicon Valley, the student will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:.
- Apply ethical and legal principles to a business environment
- Conduct independent research relevant to business-, educational and technology-related issues
- Demonstrate written and oral presentation skills expected of an Innovation University of Silicon Valley graduate
- Develop a global business perspective based on the knowledge of foreign business environments and cultures
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program to analyze a business, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and determine what changes can be made for improvement
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze the evolving nature of corporations
- Practice managerial leadership and organizational change
- Determine and measure an organization’s intellectual and assets
- Identify how product development merges with entrepreneurship
- Foster new approaches to measuring the economic performance of organizations
- Demonstrate the ability to manage and administer a business organization with a clear embodiment of ethics in his/her business practices
- Demonstrate that s/he has acquired and can implement management methods that are relevant and applicable to the business world.
- Practice enhanced management skills and interpersonal relationships
- Articulate a philosophy of management based upon the integration of empirical, historical, and social science research.
- Outline the most widely practiced managerial methods and principles.
- To master all components of the business management, education and technology engineering curriculum.
- To master an executive-level of critical thinking and systematic thought, team building, decision making, and leadership.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the business management, education and technology engineering best practices.
- To develop and apply knowledge related to business management, education and technology engineering.
- To be proficient and excel in the practical application of business management, education and technology engineering systems, tools and techniques.
- To obtain the necessary skills to plan, develop and operate a successful business within the Laws and Rules of the State of California and other governing authorities.
- To recognize the value of lifelong learning by mastering intellectual, curiosity, creative and critical thinking, and awareness of culture and diversity.
- To develop the ability to conduct innovative research in technology engineering and business management.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Innovation University of Silicon Valley is not accredited by any national or regional accrediting commission:
- A graduate from Innovation University of Silicon Valley will be eligible to sit for any applicable licensure exam in California or other states;
- A degree program that is unaccredited or a degree from an unaccredited institution is not recognized for some employment positions, including but not limited to, positions with the State of California, and
- A student enrolled at Innovation University of Silicon Valley is not eligible for federal financial aid programs.